Friday, January 23, 2009

What Next?

Our cups are full and overflowing...we just finished an incredible day...literally. The day was full of finishing up...the houses were completed and dedicated...and 2 families are now blessed with having a home....as well as 28 people are blessed by the opportunity to serve those families this week. The afternoon was spent walking around Harmons some even hiked to Stick Man's House...and then it was Jerk Chicken Night! The Courtyard time tonight was Send-Off...for us. I have to say it was a blast...I saw so much joy on the faces of my team. Guys with children crawling all over them...(Scott, Mike F. and Justin)....I also saw some dance moves that were quite impressive...(again the same 3 guys...oh, and Andrea) and I saw my team enjoying the people we came here to serve...Laci and Mary Jo were "floured" in the courtyard as we sang Happy Birthday to them (we are kinda thinking of keeping that tradition going stateside!)...it was a great time. We finished our night with a time of reflection and remembering all that God has done...I will let your loved ones share that with you...it was very moving....it was a great day and a great night. This will be our last post...we have many stories to share of what God has done this week and each one is eager to share...so be ready to listen! I will close with a poem that Scott Phillips wrote this week and shared this morning in our devotion time...it pretty much sums up his time here...and we all agreed so much, we had it written on our "hand" that we all signed here to go in the hallway...see you all soon!

WHAT NEXT?
by Scott Phillips (team member)
I heard Your voice
So I made the choice to say "Yes, Lord"
What Next
Money was tight
You made it alright
What Next
Arriving here
You calmed my fear
What Next
Arrived at Won by One
This looks like fun
What Next
Work hard, play hard then hit the hay
I'm growing closer to You every day
What Next
Lifetime friends, that's what we've made
Love and Kindness, that's how we're payed
What Next
No time, No worries
Yet back home, frustration and flurry
What Next
Daily devotion and so much peace
How to bring it home tell me please
What Next
I miss my daughter, I miss my wife
But I thank You Lord
for changing my life
What Next
When next You call
I wont whine or cry
I'll fall to my knees
and say "Yes, Lord, Here am I
What Next?

2 comments:

parker said...

I LOVE YOU SCOTT PHILLIPS AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AND HEAR ABOUT YOUR WHAT GOT HAS DONE!!!!


LOVE
KIM

Amie Williams said...

Scott, All I can say is WOW! That was beautiful!! God is so Good you are proof.
Lisa Pierce(Dennis wife)