Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gateway Church Send-Off...

Today we had our "send-off" at church for the trip...it is so hard to believe that the trip is here! 1 more week! There are many things I am excited about for this trip, one of them at the top of the list is seeing a body of believers united to serve and accomplish God's mission. Today was a HUGE taste of that. First, seeing a good majority of our team standing together...we missed those of you that couldn't be here...I found myself becoming very excited! Secondly...seeing our Church Family jump right in and say a HUGE "YES" when asked to contribute towards the challenge we will be presented with in Jamaica.

Each year, we are presented with some challenges in Jamaica that need financial assistance and so we come (to Jamaica) prepared financially to help meet those needs...a HUGE THANK YOU to Gateway Church Family and others who contributed today to make a HUGE donation that will go to help meet the needs of those in Jamaica. I will be sure to blog once we receive our challenge to let everyone know how their generous contributions were used. I know God is smiling down on His people right now...today was HUGE and I know I keep using that word, HUGE...but let's face it...we serve a HUGE God! I look forward to seeing how God is going to use this gift once we get to Jamaica...we will keep you updated.
~Jamaica Bound~
Amy Hayward

No comments: