Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hi, Im Taura. I dont really know anybody that Im going on this trip with except Shawn but I am looking forward to changing that. This is an adventure for me, one that has been on my top tem list of things Id like to experience before I die. I wrote this list about 10 years ago.I always thought I didnt have enough knowledge in the Bible to go on a mission trip. You'd think that would encourage me to study it more. It was always like reading a foreign language so I set it on my shelf and there it lived for most of its life. Anyway, I took it off the shelf and have had several more bibles given to me recently. All kinds. Interesting. So with the help of some friends I'm beginning to learn alot through it. Now, at this point in my life I cant explain why and how this trip is comming to be for me but I will embrace it. When this oppurtunity was presented to me I was overwhelmed. Speechless. My reaction to the invitation probably made me look scared and shocked. Suddenly I was. I quickly realized this was for real (and real life can be scary) but I had an oppurtunity to experience this adventure with someone I respect, trust and love. I now know that I am being led and actually following the path created for me. I picture myself holding on to Jesus hand and being led into unknown territory. But I trust that this is where I need to go, that there IS a mission in mind and it will be done. I pray for us all to keep holding on to His hand and thank Him for our adventures in this life. Thanks so much to Gateway and my dear friend who helped this oppurtunity to serve ( in a very exciting way) come to life. I could say 'I cant wait for this experience to begin!' But it already has for me and Im loving it. Thanks be to God, I'm in your hands.
Taura

1 comment:

bay&steven said...

hey mom, its bayleigh. were out of school early today cuz of "pluming problems" i guess. i cant quite figure out how to send these so hopefully this sends. i just hope your really helpin out there and i read the blog and it all sound so amazing i'll have to go next time. i miss you alot and i cant wait until you come back so you can tell us all about it in person. love you <3 :>>>>

P.S. NEW THINGS: going to court warming (its a kind of casual dance but i bought a dress).