Thursday, January 22, 2009

Because of Jesus love for the Father He came to earth to give good news and to spend the time to disciple followers to spread it, that is missions. This mission trip is my first and as consistent as God always is when we step out in faith and let Him move us out of our comfort zone we learn to depend on Him more. He is always faithful even when we are not, but when we step in faith we are privilege to see how much bigger He is than we thought.
Today I helped build a house, no a home, for someone that had nothing and now has a place to feel they belong and are protected. That sounds like a description of God. Maybe because it was His plan. Tonight we had dinner in the home of a lady who welcomed us joyfully and prepared a great meal for our benefit. She shared with us that she is going to hospitality school. She invited us in, cooked for us and even put on a video that she thought we might enjoy. I find that hospitable. My heart check is if I am willing to joyfully share all I have and then understand I need to learn how to do it better.
Yesterday, we went to the infirmary, somewhat sad for us but for them what a happy day. As we read scripture to these people, blind, old, crippled, sick, alone, it was amazing that our presence brought them joy but the word brought them value. God's eyes see from eternity and ours, way to often only earthly.
I have so enjoyed this trip and the time with new friends and all that Harmons has offered, but above all I have enjoyed this time with the Father. Depending on Him more and seeking how I can take what I have learned about Him and share it more lovingly back home.
Thank you Mike for making this trip possible by being so willing to handle Just for a week. I miss you guys so much and can't believe I have not talked to Adam for a week. But I thank God for placing this opportunity in front of me a placing Amy and Laci in my life to ask me to go along.
Love and Prayers,
Joyce

No comments: