Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm so proud!

I am just proud...proud of this team. I have seen unity in a huge way...people wanting to serve each other, seeing a need and doing it...giving each other a hard time...lots of laughter and even some tears. This team has blessed my heart so much and it is only day 2! Each one has shown character and just a willingness to do whatever is asked, no complaints. It's made my job fun and enjoyable! As I look at each teammember..we truly are a team hand-picked by God. Each person comes from a different walk of life...different churches and states...many different ages represented....many walks of life...and each story has a unique place here. As I have been hearing the stories of what has brought people here...man, THIS IS GOD'S TEAM! It makes me wonder what Heaven is going to be like...when the whole Body of Christ is finally together...we are experiencing a small taste of that here...the Body coming together for one purpose, one mission...it's been great!
We are all tired and weary and lots of headaches tonight...but we are all ready to go enjoy Music Night and dance the night away....we already got a sneak preview from Joey today, dancing and singing..."Touch my Body"...on our work site!
Thanks for all your prayers...there are a couple people feeling yucky...so please pray for the health of the team! We are enjoying this journey!
Amy Hayward

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Homey!!! This is AWESOME...I thought about calling you several times today..LOL...duh....your out of the service area...LOL..
I am so glad to hear you are having fun!!!!
Love you so much..

Mike said...

Amy ... sounds like the trip is off to fantastic beginning. Tell Joyce Justin says hi ... he's mentioned numerous times he's going to give his mom a biggggg hug when she gets home ... he's only mentioned going to the airport next Sunday, a couple hundred times :-)

God bless,

Mike & Justin

Kyle said...

Amy,
Loved reading your note. Please know that I will be praying for the ones who are not feeling well. Please tell Joyce hello for me!
Thank you all for shining your lights so brightly!
Kyle Beyer

Mary Ludwig said...

Hey Amy!! Sounds like things are going great in Jamaica! God has his hand on you this week & I know he's showing you how to lead the team. Praying for you & I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Kathy Wright said...

Hi Amy! Sounds like God is already answering prayers. He is so good like that! Tell Jenn hello. I hope she is doing good and not missing her boys too much. love ya girl.