Thursday, January 22, 2009

Birdys Bible

This trip to Jamaica has been the expierience of a life time. I have loved every single moment of it. From the second i stepped of the bus i felt like i was at home... I was so excited to go to the infirmary because that's where i met Birdy. Birdy was a blind women that my dad had met the year before and he was so excited for me to meet her. He instantly fell in love with her the first time he met her. Last year, when my dad walked by her bed and said "Hi, Birdy!" She instantly knew that it was him... He introduced me to her and i asked if i could read her a passage from my bible. I read and she put her hand on my bible and said... "May I keep?". I instantly said yes and put the bible in her hand. Even though she was blind and couldn't read it... i could not say no to her. Last year when we left for home all i could think about was coming back and seeing Birdy...
When i finally arrived yesterday to the infirmary for the second time, i took a V cut right to her bed and said... "Hi Birdy!", she instantly reconized my voice and i started searching for the bible that i had given her last year. I couldn't find it in her possesion but i'm sure that someone has it right now and is using it more than she could of.
I walked into one of the mens rooms and i sat down on a bench. the man did not acknoledge that i was there except for the fact that he was starring at me. i said hi and asked if i could read him scripture. i saw his lip quiver like he was trying to say something but he couldnt speak and in his eyes i knew he was yelling at me YES. I simply said okay and started reading Psalms 1:1-6. As soon as i started reading it... he started mouthing the words and quoting the passage. I believe that the man was God and he was speaking to me through him. He was telling me that sometimes i just need to be still. And listen for him... and look. That was just so amazing to me.
I can't believe how fast the week went by yet i had so many encounters with the man who created me.
Luke 1:37

-Taylor

3 comments:

batson4 said...

WOW--Honey, you have no idea what it means to me when I read your blog site. Janet and I are sitting here at work with kleenex in hand sharing your joy! I have never been as excited about experiencing something without actually being there!!! I, Caleb and shang-pang miss the two of you big-time! --Enjoy the rest of your week!!! Can't wait to see ya Sunday, Love ya loooooooots ---MOM

batson4 said...

TAYLOR!!! your blog was so good! not good but more like.. amazing! i can tell your hearts into this trip! i miss the ohther panama!!! cant wait to see you! i hope your having a great time. have fun. be safe. and guess what!!? i went to taco bell with your mom today!!
dont you just miss a steak quesadilla? and the verse LUKE 1:37was really good. it was short but it might be my new favorite!
miss you!
-other panama!(:

batson4 said...

Hedjo Shelley--This is Tnty. I hope you are having an awesome time! That sotry about birdie was really strong!! Hey Dad, I have been sleeping in your spot at night and really miss your snoring--HaHa Every night carmel aka googoo shang waits by the door looking for you. I hope you and Taylor are having an awesome time--See Ya Soon Lov Tnty