Friday, January 23, 2009

God's Hands

I have been amazed at watching people who have the faith to step out into an unknonw (for Jeremey) world become God's Hands. They touch little children who crave attention and contact. The hands of God reach out to people who are not clean and don't smell good. They haul concrete and rocks and build a house for someone who is homeless. God's hands sit in the home of a Jamaican and enjoy a meal at a table too small with little to eat but fellowship and companianship. They hold a Bible and read to someone who can't see. The hands of God are male and female, old and young, white and black but they all serve a God of love and compassion who reaches out to help his children.

I have had a great experience seeing and sharing God's love. I hear my Dad's voice as I move about and help people. He died this year but his spirit of service lives on in me and his family. He made the world a better place and continues to do so through all of us. It is hard to type with tears in your eyes. Thanks for giving me your legacy of service.

I love you Lisa and look forward to seeing you on Sunday. Amie and Mandy you are married to special men. I am very proud to call them sons. Doug is a great man and I see his heritage in Mike. This as been an experience to remember for lifetime. Luke, Grandpa misses your smile and looks forward to seeing you at home.

If you are reading the blog and want to be a part of this experience. Pray that God opens the doors for you to be here next year. It is something worth investing in.

Dennis Pierce (DP)

1 comment:

Amie Williams said...

Dennis, They always save the best for last, but I knew you would come through. I can't wait to see you! I miss your smile and your hugs. I am so glad you and the guys had this experience together. I'm 4, four, 4 in the tears department while reading the blogs, it sounds like God has truely been working in your heart and others. Give my son's a big hug. It's cold and snowy here. Gina is doing well.
I Love You! Lisa