Thursday, January 22, 2009

Indescribable

...that is the only word I have to let you know what is taking place here in Harmons in the lives of 28 people...your loved ones. If you are reading this blog, you definitely have an investment in one or more of those lives....and let me tell you, God is moving and changing lives.

First of all....a HUGE THANK YOU to the Life Group that gave us all cards...they have been mentioned more than once and that was definitely a movement of God in someones heart to do that....you will never know the impact that those letters and cards have made...I pray that you will one day see....you know who you are.

Secondly, not a day has gone by that I myself or others have been opening cards from loved ones back home...a small gesture on your part....a huge impact on ours. Thank YOU!...again, you know who you are!

What to say about what I have seen going on here...well I will give it a try. I have seen walls being torn down....humility....servant's hearts....relationships made...relationships forged....grown men cry....fears melt to confidence in Christ....unity in a team that hardly knew one another....growth....laughter...lots of it....hugs....a community blessing us beyond what we deserve....I have seen God every day...in the eyes of a child...in the hug of a Jamaican woman, so grateful that we placed 5 of your used t-shirts in her walmart sack....in the smile of a worker as he is handed a warm plate of food (probably his only warm meal of the day)...in the laughter of a youth when he was handed a "sweetie"....in the comment of the crippled when asked "how are you?"...and the reply was..."not too bad"...in the hug of a crippled man that couldn't speak to me, but his grip around my neck was enough to make me stop and say..."I just got a hug...that felt like GOD!...and i could go on and on...I have seen God this week, and I will never be the same.

Time does not permit all of your loved ones to write on here...mostly because the time we have to do this is now at 11:45 at night and as I am typing, they are fast asleep! But let me tell you...they love you all...I have heard so many great stories of you to where I feel like I know you...and they cannot wait to share the stories of Harmons with you. Please be ready to listen...they are ready to share! Tonight Joey challenged us with what we would say to someone that asked why we think they should go on this trip..be ready..they have been given a challenge to bring someone with them next year!...that someone might be you!

My greatest joy of this trip has been watching this team. Mike Stiles...I have loved every minute! It is indescribable when you know you are exactly where you are supposed to be doing exactly what you have been created to do...and I can say..this is it! This week has been a week of confirmation from God to me that I am on the right path and several have publicly placed that value on my life and have been a huge support to me....for them I am grateful and I praise God.

I will leave you with one story for the day....today I served in the store. The group of ladies I was with, Mary Jo, Jenn, Taylor and Andrea all prayed together before we went in there just asking God to make His presence known and that we would be able to stuff the bags "Feichtner Style"! (Read Jeremy's Blog about Mike F. store experience) WE DID! It's amazing what you can stuff in 2 walmart sacks when you are praying over them asking God to help you get 1 more thing in! One of the ladies I was helping, Gillian, had 8 children...and she was only 32....yep, you heard me right 8 CHILDREN!!! WOW! And you know who she shopped for....her children! She hadn't shopped there in over a year and her main concern was her kids....how humbling! I broke the rules and loaded up a whole suitcase for her...the whole time just encouraging her and hopefully building her up to be a good mom....understanding that her children are a gift from God...I found that strange seeing as I have no children of my own yet....(although there may be some Jamaican babies coming home in my carry on!) I love how God's Word was taught to me at a young age...and it is still alive and it comes to me just when I need it. My lesson learned was...be ready to give an answer and place value with God's Word in someones life...you never know who is going to come into your path in a day that will need it.

We all are tired and weary..bodies are hurting...but hearts are full and overflowing! I can't wait to share more!

Mom...thanks for the good news! What a relief! I love you guys and miss you much. Thank you for your investment in my life...I hope I have made you proud!

Satisfied,
Amy Hayward

2 comments:

Mary Ludwig said...

Amy- I know your parents are really proud. I am!! I'm so excited that the week is going great & that God is showing himself to you. I knew you'd be an awesome leader this week & my prayer has been that you hear every word He is saying to you! Have a great weekend & I'll see you soon!

Carolyn said...

Homey! as I woke up late this morning and rushed to brush my teeth and head out the door to be late for work...God remined me to slow down and pray for the team, He told me to pray for strength... I just now read your post and to see that confirms He knows excactly what the team needs..Praise God for the Holy Spirit....
So here I am at my desk crying as I read while your heart explodes.... I know that feeling of not being able to get it all on paper....

Laci your Holy Spirit flood is on the rise...!!!! God is Good all the time!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUNDAY NIGHT.... I want to hear it all...
I love you Homey.... I love you Jenn....
See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!