Thursday, January 8, 2009

An introduction

My name is Doug Fiechtner (pronounced Feekner). This is a picture of Mike, my son, and me. I guess some of you may have met Mike when he was in your neck of the woods over Christmas. We are very excited to be a part of this mission trip. While we are flying from a little farther away, we will be hooking up with you in Houston.

I have thought and prayed about this trip. This work is God's work and you are allowing us to be a part of His plan in a special way. I know we will grow in our faith by living, working, and praying with the people in Jamaica. I look forward to meeting each of you. I know we will have a successful mission by spreading the light that came to us one Christmas day. Jesus taught us to love our neighbors and what better way then to join together to give them your time and talents.

We will see you soon!

No comments: