Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It seems like just yesterday that I was here in this place, my home away from home. God is truly amazing in all His majesty,blessings and grace. He continues to teach me, guide me, and show me His will for me. My only prayer now is that I will bring it all home with me. Tom, I have been praying for what you asked of me before I made this journey for the second year now and He has been listening. I am at peace and know the differences between our culture and the Jamaican culture and now embrace it and except it. Although I have made this break through I believe God wants me to make an impact anywhere I can, so I will return with similar requests :) but promise to not to freak out on my family. I love you babe.Speaking of family I will have to admit I miss you all much. I know last year I told you i didn't have time to miss you but this year is different, I am seeing things more clearly now and have had time to let it soak in and would have to say I am enjoying my time here i just wish you could experience with me some day. I laid a foundation to a 15x17 one room home today for a married couple and their 6 children. I told Joey I wish my husband was here to share the work with us you might just really enjoy yourself. Joey flung runny concrete all over me and Taylor, Taylor, Jana and I got to share the job of transporting water up in 5 gallon buckets(on top of our heads of coarse) up a 90 degree angle, well maybe not 90 but very close steep hill, and best of all working with some of the most incredible Jamaican men ever. Justin, Doug B., David B and Joey were almost out working them they just made it look a little harder :}. In closing I have to tell my 3 very beautiful kids I am constantly reminded of you while I am here, I run across a young women so soft and sweet with kind words and a smile that lights up every room and think of you Maiah...i love you much. Then I am playing basketball with the middle school age boys and they make fun of me just like my handsome son and makes me miss you more James, can't wait for you to join us and for William there is a young boy that follows us around and wants to help us work and is so darn cute That's you my Willie a server. Love you all, P.S. Maiah, Jennifer would like for you to tell Nate Hello and she loves him. :}
Sheriee

5 comments:

TJWM said...

Sheriee, I love and miss you so much! I hope you are loving the hot weather and seeing God work through people. I hope He shows you marvolous things. Everyone around here is doing good. The animals are doing great! I got into a little tussle with this "one" girl. We wont say names, but she wanted to beat me up. Tom told me the wrong way to handle it. It was pretty funny though, i do have to admit. Everything will be okay. Tell Jennifer, Nate loves and misses her and he is doing great. Oh, our date was fabolous. More details when you get home.I love and miss you so darn much!
Love, Maiah

.:<{James}>:. said...

Hey Mom!!! Ive missed you!!! I hope your having an amazing experience in jamaica. I wish i could be there with you. Everything is going good here. Me and Maiah have been taking care of the horses and all the other animals we have :] And suprisingly, Willy and I have not masacred each other so thats good :] The weather here has been decent considering its been below 35 degrees these past months so dont be worried about the horses. I love you and miss you alot.

Hope to see you soon,
your #1 Child

P.S. you spelt {coarse} its {course} :]


P.S.S better get home soon b4 maiah gets her butt beat

Sheriee Rusk said...

hey mommy. this is willy. i just wanted to say that i love you and i miss you. cant wait to see you.

love you mommy, william

Sheriee Rusk said...

Hey, babe-we all miss you but have kept each other company. Willie keeps me warm at night and James and Maiah have been really good and helpful to me and each other. Maiah may think that I gave her bad advice, but I know that you'd approve. In fact, you might have to make a trip up to the school parking lot when you get back! You know what's funny...in correcting your spelling, your number one son mispelled a word himself!! You two are quite a pair-he told me it must be right because it sounds right. When I read what he wrote, I smelt the irony. All our love and we'll see you soon. What time do you all land on Sunday?

bay&steven said...

TAURA, hey mom. this is bayleigh and steven:> we miss you so much! (tel shawn we said hi) we hope you guys are having an awesome time there and everything is going great and staying your staying safe:> we love you!!!!