Thursday, January 22, 2009

soccer and piggy back rides....

You know, there are somes things that you just wouldn't expect to happen. Today i was working in milk river at a job site and we were finishing the third coat of cement on the walls. I was listening to laci and a jamaican talk about being trying to build a room for his kids and how much money it would cost. But as the conversation went on the jamaican started talking about how happy he was with what he had because god had provided everything he needed so far. he said, "i'm not rich but if you are rich you need to be happy for what you have and if you are poor you need to be happy, there are no excuses." That kinda just hot me because we were just talking about that last night and how unhappy we are, for reason at all. It just made me think, if a man who lives in a house smaller than my room and only works 25 weeks out of the year can be happy with his life... why can't i? As the day went on... i started playing some soccer with one of the kids at the work site and i noticed he was playing in sandals that were almost completely ripped in half. And if you saw this place, you were walking on glass and rock, thats it. But as we were playing we were getting pretty hot and so we went to get some bag juice. Well i decided to put him on my shoulders and when he got on... Wow!!! I've never seen a little kid that happy to have someone show that kind of attention to him. after that moment you could just tell that made his day. But tonight my dad asked us, when we go home, how would we convince someone to come next year? I really didn't know what to say at first, but think i would say that you cant experience the joy, peacefulness, contentness, and the unconditional love that these people have show us down here. There really are no words that can describe this place.

mom, zac, and jos...
mom i hope you have actually been working out cause i kinda ratted you out to scott... my bad...
zac i hope you have been good.......... haha
jos...................... well................ ill bring you a present

ty butler, the one and only:)

2 comments:

life as I know it... said...

Praise God for all the things He is doing and all the ways He is working in all of your lives!!!! Amy- everything is great here at the house except we miss you....I am so excited to see all the pics and i cant wait to hear all about your trip on sunday!!!! love you friend!!!!Jen--I am so excited for you and for all God is doing in your life!!!! i cant wait to see you sunday my friend much love!!!!

praying for you all!!!

Robin marsh
(amy's roomate)

Pat and Lee Anne said...

Ty- It was great to read your comments. I'm glad to see all that God is doing in your heart in Jamaica. You are an incredible young man and I know He has great plans for you in your life. You are a true leader, and you are living it out. God definitely smiles on you! See you soon, Pat Whitworth