Wednesday, January 21, 2009

shopping is mike's calling

It's been great to come back to Harmons. As Ty says, the second time is like watching a movie you have all ready seen. You know the story, but you see more of the little details in the background. I have had a lot of fun watching the others experience and be Gods love. Today Mike was the greatest personal shopper for 4 Jamaicans. He treated them like royalty as they searched thru all the t-shirts and baby clothes. He even helped one lady pick out a "nice nighty". They were given 2 wal-mart bags to fill with clothes and Mike filled them so tight they almost split. Jeff Batson is an amazing man! It's his third time here and you would think that he was a local. All the Jamaicans know and love Jeff and they look forward to his return. Today at the infirmary I watched Jeff love the helpless and elderly, and when he left he said "see you in one year", and he meant it. Laci "Toots" Thurn has been a joy to all of us. Everynight she runs out to talk to people courtyard and hold the children in her arms. And of course Dennis, David and Justin are all keeping us laughing.

Tonight we had a birthday party for "Miss Linda". 20 years ago, her and her husband Henry started Won by One and tonight the entire community came out to celebrate her. A couple days ago Dennis commented on the Legacy that Henry and Linda have created. They have been Christ to hundreds of Jamaicans and have expected nothing in return. Now we have been a part of that Legacy. As I spoke to Linda tonight she told me of how all her kids are coming down in Feb. and how they have passed the baton on to them. Thier son Josh is full time with the ministry and she is very proud. This week I got to serve with my family, Mike and Dennis, and as I think of what this week has meant for me, I realize that we are not only a part of Linda and Henry's legacy but part of Grandpa Jim's legacy as well. We are continuing what those who came before had started, to be Christ to others.

Amie, I love you and I so desperately wish you and Luke were here. Luke would love the bananas. I can't wait to hug and kiss you both on Sunday.
-Jeremy

5 comments:

Amie Williams said...

We miss you too! Right now Luke is "supervising" Buddy while he eats. His new thing this week is when we say 1,2,3, he says "GO". Thanks for writing about my grandpa and making me cry from 1000's of miles away. We can't wait for you to get home. Luke says "MMMMWAAA" (that's a kiss). See you Sunday night.
Amie and Luke

Carolyn said...

Hi "J" John and Nate want you to know they love and miss you! They are praying for you and hope that God does something great in your life!
Love John and Nate!

Carolyn said...

Hello...it's me again... Homey I miss talking to you every day... Jen I miss you being my e-mail buddy all day... OHHHHH but it is so AWESOME and it gives my heart a great big smile to see your faces in the pics on the wonbyone web page!!!! Jen all fear has been erased from your countenance and Amy your are at home again...Amy that is the same little man you read to last year....Precious....
I miss you guys greatly....can't wait to see you sunday and hear your testify of all that the Lord has done!

Mucho Love!!!

Amie Williams said...

Jeremy, As I sit here with tears in my eye's but with a heart filled with joy(like Doug say's joy is good) that you and the guy's are having such a wonderful expeience. Tell Dennis I miss him LOT"S, so does Luke. I am so proud of MY Boy's!(all 3 of you) that you are serving the Lord. Love to all and may God continue to bless your mission.
Love Ya, Lisa Pierce

Mandy Fiechtner said...

Are you speaking of my husband? And if so I can't believe you did not know this already. How many accountants do you know that wear pink and purple dress shirts :) I am so glad you are having fun, I second Amie's comment about Grandpa. I know he would be so proud of you all, especial Dad. I am so glad he is there with you both.