Monday, January 19, 2009

Well, we arrived safely and I am so thankful. I am getting to know the team and let me tell you there are some amazing people that I am being able to minister with. Yesterday was a rough day for me emotionally...missing home and wondering what my purpose for being here is. I am asking God constantly to not allow me to miss what He has for me. I don't want to get in the way of anything that He wants to accomplish. As I sit here this evening I have to tell you that I still dont know why God wants me here.
We went to our first job site today and I was stretched physically. It was very hot and I was not sure that I was going to make it through the day, but by the grace of God I did. I had the privledge of meeting the lady who we are building the house for and she was beautiful. She was so thankful and kind to us. I also was able to meet about 10-15 children that captured my heart immediately. They surrounded us and made it snow on us by rubbing styrofoam together over our heads and yelling "Merry Christmas"...it was truly touching. I did things today that would make my husband very proud as far as using different tools and things. The Jamaican men were so kind as they showed me how to do what was asked. They never made me feel inadequate, they were only thankful for the help. I miss home very much, but I know that God wants to show me something BIG...and I want to see it. Much Love to all...
Jennifer

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Dearest Jennifer,
I just want you to know that I Am TRULY proud of you and I thank u for my note. I would marry over and over again. Nate and I pray that God does something truly wonderful. And I miss u terribly. It was rough not having you here the first night and day, but I know it's worth the sacrifice. We miss you. your husband, John.

Carolyn said...

Jen its carolyn.... I just want you to know God is doing huge things right here too...sometimes God takes us away from those who are so dependant on us to do a work in their life too...you are doing good girt... keep your eyes open and it may not be until you come home that you see what the BIG thing is...
Girl you are exactly where God wants you!!!! I love you so much...
Praying you through!!!!
Carolyn

Gateway in Jamaica '09 said...

Jennifer,
I just finished reading through all the messages from today and it sounds amazing. We miss you and love you more than you know. I am sooooooo!!!!! proud of you. Have a great time. Keeping you in prayer, Debbie

Mom sends her love too.