Monday, January 19, 2009

We're here! We arrived on time, safe, with no problems, just weary from our day long travels. (Audrey, Justisn is safe and he and Doug already beat Joey in Spades) We saw the sunrise from the plane, the brilliant oranges and hot pinks. Colors like I had never seen. I was in awe at the vastness of the Ocean, the beautiful blues and greens as we flew over the shore line. It is so green here. We traveled for about 3 hours by van through hills and mountains. The colors of God's creation are so bright and beautiful. Last night as I feel in bed with no shower, too tired to even brush my teeth, I thanked God for our safety, the relationships we would make this week and the privilegde to be a part of this. I slept good! Today, I got to meet Noel and many others David had told stories about. It is amazing how the Jamaicas remember those who have been here before. We toured a neighborhood on foot today. We got to see how some of the Jamaicans live. (I think I want a clothes line when I get home.) Today, I worked sorting our donated items for the store and God gave me a story. I lost something last night, first night here. I hoped and prayed it got sorted into one of the 25 large trash bags of donations. As I sorted school supplies, no, then the medicines, no, then tolietries, no. So many others have shared stories of thier trip being paid or some amazing thing of how they got here. I asked God for a story, my own little miracle. As I searched through a bag of toys and got near the bottom, there it was, Megan's camera bag, but no camera. I asked God again for my little miracle. A camera is a thing, I could buy her a new one, but I won't have my own pictures to share with stories when I get home. I asked God again and in the very bottom of this big, black trash bag, there it was in with 3 little cars... my miracle, Megan's camera, returned to me. God showed me that when I am willing to DIG DEEPER, he has great things for me, my own little miracle. I could go on and on, but will let someone else share. Mom, Dad, Megan, Matt & Janel, We love you and THANK YOU for your help getting hear. Megan, THANKS for the special card and $$. You have to come back with me. Love, Cindi aka Church Lady

2 comments:

parker said...

Cindi,

God will give you so many more stories, just keep that big ole heart open!
Please tell my husband I love him and am praying for him and all of you. Oh, and take care of him will ya? LOL

Love ya,
Parker

Carolyn said...

cindi,

God is good all the time and all the time God is good!!!! Praise God for your little Miracle He did for ya!!!!! That is so awesome....I know God is going to do amazing things through this team this week....Many prayers are being sent up to the Father for you guys.
please give my love and prayers to amy Hayward and Jen long!!!!

Robin( amy haywards roomate and friend)!!!!