Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One Step Closer

12-3-08 - Today we locked-in the team and sent the deposit for the plane tickets - 28 total. I know this will be an incredible trip and my heart is a little bit broken that I won't be there this time. Every time I trade emails with Loyd or Josh it jabs me just a little. I do know this will be an incredible trip. What a diverse group! There are over 4 decades between the oldest and youngest (don't worry Connie I won't tell them) and the average age is 37.4 years. Good strong backs to handle the work. To me the best part of this trip is the number of 1st timers as that is where I get some of my greatest joy on a mission trip. You can tell when it starts to "click" for the rookies and they really begin to understand why God moved them to take this journey. Lives will be changed - some Jamaican and some from America. Some of you will never be the same again. Think of me as you sit on that deck early in the morning - eating a Pop Tart and waiting for the sun to peak over that mountain. I will certainly be thinking of you.
Mike Stiles

No comments: